Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Friday 19 April 2013

DIY Drybox for my Camera and Flash


Once in a photography class, our mentor told us not to store our cameras in its bag when not in use. We should take it out if we will not going to use it for a long time.

So after stumbling upon a few photos of lenses with molds in it, I decided to look for DIY Drybox ideas and I found a blog who wrote a simple tutorial on doing a homemade drybox for cameras and camera equipment.


So here's my version of the DIY drybox.



Here are the materials that I used:
This is my tiny silica gel container (with holes).
Hunted all around my house for packets of silica gel. :)

Plastic container in pink, of course.


Bubble wrap

So, how did my DIY Drybox turned out? Scroll down below!
I placed the bubble wrap inside, then the case with the silica gel. 

Voila! My camera and flash fit perfectly!

OMG I love the color of the plastic case. lol



While I was taking shots of the drybox, my pup suddenly sat next to the drybox

Then he took a bite of my drybox as if it's food. LOL
Maybe my pup wants to be a photographer soon!

That's it guys! I hope this will really work as a drybox. Can't afford a real one yet, so I hope this will house my equips nicely.

8 comments:

  1. da best ang aso mo xDD!! -Clara Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thaanks! biglaan lang talaga sya umupo sa tabi ng box then kinagat nya. lol

      Delete
  2. Helpful post! Where did you buy all your materials? :) I think I should make one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From OK Bazaar! :) You should have a proper case for cameras for storage. Better than leaving in its bag. :)

      Delete
  3. What breed is your puppy? Such a cutie patootie! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossbreed of Jap Spits and Terrier. :)

      Delete
  4. Lovin the pink drybox Cee! I think I better buy one for my cam too.

    PS. Love your pup! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice dry box. I use a lot more silica gel so that don't have to reheat them so often. Mine is here with some tips how to maintain the humidity levels to make it constant. http://jameswoo.net/diy-dry-box-how-to-make-a-dry-box/

    ReplyDelete

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png