Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Friday 14 December 2012

BBHQ: December's Task: How Do You Photograph For Your Blog?

December's task on Beauty Bloggers Headquarters is blog photography. I voted for this on the last poll and it won! I wanted to share a few things about how I take photos for my blog and maybe read others' methods too. That way, I can learn how to improve my photo blogging since it is mainly the category my blog falls.


Selca with a mirror.

What camera(s) do you use for your blog photography?
  • I mainly use my Canon EOS Rebel T3 camera since this is only my camera as of now. Sometimes I use my phone camera, Samsung Galaxy Pocket, at times when I am shooting my makeup work since it is easier for me to shoot selca (self-portrait photos) with a phone. 
What type of lighting do you use? Natural light, indoor light, studio lamps, etc.?
  • I mainly use natural light since my photos comes out good when I use it. Sometimes I use my study lamp if I shoot in the evening. It's not the best but it is still usable. 
Do you use a lightbox (purchased or diy?)?
  • No. But I am planning to make one for my anime figure photography.  I found some tutorials online and I can't wait to start! 
Do you use a specific background?
  • I mostly use a plain background since it is best for products and such. It does not clutter the photo and when people see it, all eyes will be on the product, no distraction whatsoever. 
What does your photographing setup usually looks like?
  • When I am shooting for my makeup works, I usually set up my mini studio composed of: the camera on the tripod connected via USB cable to the laptop, showing live view feed. This way, I can see and shoot my face and parts of it properly. When shooting products and such, just a camera with the product near a lighted window. 
What is your top photographing tip for a beginner blogger?
  • You don't need a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera to shoot great photos. Start with a good point-and-shoot-camera and start taking great photos for your readers. Your words deserve it. 
For fun: If you could upgrade your photographing equipment today, what would you buy?
  • I want a prime lens and a strobe set. I think those are the basic equipment a photographer should have. 

My setup. 

4 comments:

  1. I wanna have all the equipment you mentioned! But what I can't do on my own, I let Kaye take the shots for me. HAHA :D She's a good teacher. Nice post Cee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a prime lens too! I don't know what's strobe set is haha :)

    http://www.lalalapatricia.info/2012/12/ootd-super-girl-returns.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are into beauty photography, the camera and accessories needs a bit of leveling up... since I am more on travel and documentation, I make do with my Nikon Coolpix P300 or Canon S100 serious compact camera. It is a better camera especially for low light, but I dont need anything else. The photographer, however, needs to know how to use the camera and its features. Here are my feedback of my camera but there is a newer model, the Nikon P310 and I also really bought the competitor, the Canon S100. My links: http://inpinaysfootsteps.blogspot.com/2011/12/on-choosing-compact-serious-camera.html and also http://inpinaysfootsteps.blogspot.com/2011/12/nikon-coolpix-p300-compact-camera.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gorgeous CEE! Thanks for sharing how you do your photos-I used to always take my own and add several candids of the products that I was reviewing or teaching a makeup diy video with, but now being so crushed for time I have resorted to using the hi res jpeg images that I can find or are sent to me. *sigh* I'm hoping to get better blogger time in the coming year! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png