Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Friday 23 November 2012

Beauty Bloggers Headquarters: November's Task

Beauty Blogger Headquarters 

 Beauty Bloggers Headquarters is like a groupie for beauty bloggers all over the world. It's a nice way to meet new friends who are on the same field as I am.

I know that Cee's Wonderland is a cosplay blog but I do write about cosplay makeup. It's kind of a big thing when you are portraying a character. I mean, you can't just wear the costume, you have to look like the character. :)

Anyway, the groupie has some kind of task every month. This month's task is entitled: "In the Beginning".

How I began blogging. 

How long have you been blogging?
  • I started blogging back when I was in my last year in high school (I'm in my last year in college so that's about 4 years). Our computer teacher introduced us to blogging, taught us how to start and what to blog. It was a good experience but I was not really into it back then. We did not have Internet connection yet so I was not an avid blogger during those days. But I kept a blog and it's still standing as of today. But it is a bit disorganized and with no main topic or recent post. I just can't seem to take it down just yet.
What/who inspired you to start blogging?
  • The person who really brought me back to blogging is another blogger and cosplayer, Jin Joson. She inspired me not just to start blogging again, but also start a new hobby: cosplaying. She blogged about the joy of being with friends while cosplaying. Her posts about their adventures during conventions and photoshoots made me laugh. Her words have driven me to start writing about my adventures too, cosplaying, being with friends and the like. Maybe my adventures, my post and all can inspire others too, like what Jin did to me. 
Did you tell your family and friends about your blog? If so, what was their reaction? Are they supportive or "in the dark" about your blogging?
  • My family, especially my mom knows about m blogging. And she's not really supportive or against it in any way. I feel like she does not see the importance of keeping an online journal. And I don't see a problem in that. Some of my friends read my blog, and I am quite happy about that. At least not only online acquaintances knows about my adventures, which is nice. 
What goals or dreams did you have for your blog when you started? Have you accomplished them?
  • I have not actually thought about any goals when I started blogging. I just wanted to write about my adventures as a cosplayer, enjoy the features of blogging that social networking sites lack, connecting to other people with the same interests. But as I get to know more about blogging, I dreamed of turning my blog into a how-to site that can help other cosplayers start and get through their cosplay project. I am yet to start realizing that dream, and if Ill have a lot of time, I'll start doing more tutorials and how-to's, and maybe answer some FAQs along the way. 
If you could give your beginner-blogger-self one tip of advice, what would it be?
  • Start blogging and don't stop! I know thinking of a topic to write and what to write is somewhat the hardest part in blogging. But if you start a new post and a few sentences, I know the ideas won't stop coming until you realize that you've finished the post. 
What is your favorite and least favorite thing about being a blogger?
  • My favorite part is that I get to meet other people with the same interest. Because of blogging, I found a group of bloggers based in my hometown that taught me a lot of things. Thanks to them, I took my blog to the next level, and it's coming out very nicely. The least favorite part is that blogging takes a lot of my time. I try very hard to write something new everyday and that's difficult  considering that I am a graduating this year and juggling between requirements, school work and blogging is hard. But I am managing it. So far, so good. 
What does your blog name mean? How did you decide on it?
  • I am a big fan of Disney's Alice in Wonderland - both animated film and Tim Burton's version. I consider the cosplaying world as Wonderland, and I am like Alice exploring the amazing and fantastic place.

Phew! I did not expect that it will end up a long post. LOL. Anyway, thank you for reading and come back soon!

Ongoing giveaway:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png