Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Sunday 23 September 2012

Crimsolympics Cosplay Competition - WMSU (Part 2)

Zamboanga Cosplay - Cee Culanculan as Lelouch

For the first part, click here.

And now, here's my report on the second part of the WMSU Palaro 2012 cosplay competition that was held last September 7, 2012. The event was the awarding night of the two-day competition. We dressed up again as our characters from the first day and did our catwalk for the last time.

(click on the photos to enlarge them)

Here's a photo of Jenaly before the event. I was like, "HARUHI!" and she turned around and smile for me. What a nice girl!
Zamboanga Cosplay - Haruhi Suzumiya- Cee Culanculan cosplay photography
Jenaly as Haruhi
Before the event, we had a mini-shoot with my friends who were also contestants that day. I got mostly portrait shots of them and I will post the set soon so watch out for it!

We did not have a photographer during the first part of the event so I don't have any photo or video of our catwalk. Good thing Lucille arrived just in time for the awarding proper.

The winners of the event:
Zamboanga Cosplay - Cee Culanculan winning an award in cosplay with Ami Kawashima
Cee won best in character portrayal and Ami Kawashima cosplayer won cosplay of the crowd.
Waa! I can't believe I actually won this award! Thank goodness for Lelouch's poses and regal aura that was really his trademark from the anime. It was a little bit easy to copy and portray during the catwalk. :D

Zamboanga Cosplay
Nouf as Utau of Shugo Chara won second place!
Nouf here changed her character from Mikuru to Utau of Shugo Chara. She won second place for her cosplay! Congratulations, Nouf!

Zamboanga Cosplay
First, second and third place winners of the cosplay competition

Zamboanga Cosplay Group photo
With Cristina as Elsie and the grand winners of the event. Out-of-character poses! 

Zamboanga cosplay group photo
The winners together with the contestants of the event.
L-R: Na'vi cosplayer, Utau, Kagome, Lelouch, Elsie, Haruhi, Ami, Kagura and Cat Girl.
Winners:
Na'Vi cosplayer from Avatar - First Place
Utau of Shugo Chara - Second Place
Kagome of Inu Yasha - Third Place
Lelouch of Code Geass - Best in Character Portrayal
Ami of ToraDora - Cosplayer of the Crowd
Kagome of Inu Yasha - Best Cosplay Photo award.


Zamboanga cosplay group photo
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to the organizers of the event! I had so much fun on that event! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun. Thanks for commenting on my photography blog I followed back. Can I ask if you follow my main blog too? I have competitions and giveaways on it. :)
    Here is the URL. Thank you! I love your blog btw.

    http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Cee! Congrats on winning an award in the competition! :)))

    ReplyDelete

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png