Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Saturday 1 September 2012

Nursing Mini-Olympics Opening X Gakupo Matryoshka

Finally I can write about my Gakupo-Matryoshka cosplay during last week's Nursing Mini-Olympics opening. I was very busy last weekend with my hospital duty and the TV interview on cosplay that I totally forgot to write this! Good thing my friend reminded me of the photos from the opening parade and...

... here's what happened that day and the photos of my Gakupo Matryoshka!
Cee and Myra
Me and Myra dressed up before the opening parade. I chose to be Gakupo that afternoon. I forgot Myra's character! OERGOERDZZ I can only remember that her character is from an anime detective series. ><

Introducing Gakupo - Matryoshka!
Cee as Gakupo from the video 'Matryoshka'
I braided my Gakupo wig and wore a blue hoodiem a pair of loose trousers and my boots. This cosplay is still incomplete: the details on the hoodie are still missing and I wore black gloves as an alternative for the brown ones on the video.
Click here to view the video on youtube!

The booth and the parade...
Pop the Balloon! 
Myra with some Nihon Fure Ai Kai members

Our club's booth! We actually cosplayed to promote our Japanese club, the Nihon Fure Ai Kai (A Touch of Japan). Our club is known for our POP THE BALLOON game, maid cafe, omikuji (Japanese fortune telling), Japanese Paper fish-scooping and of course, cosplay. :)

Nursing mini-Olympics Opening Parade!
The parade was held just inside the campus, passing every college while cheering for our college year level. The awesome thing about our club is that we were the only one who had cosplayers. :)



Tired but still in character! :)

Short but tiring parade. I had beads of sweat on my forehead after the walk! We had a short photo-op after before changing. My dear friend Miku came along and took the following photos.

I had the Matryoshka video on my phone. When a few of my friends ask me what character I am, I show them the video. 
I love this shot! Miku was following some of my instructions on how to take the photos. 
This one is my favorite. A candid photo by Miku.
Thank you, dear Miku for taking these wonderful photos! 

Another Gakupo cosplay done! Planning to cosplay other versions soon so watch out for it!

3 comments:

  1. i love your purple wig sis! ;) nice post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice naman, a cosplayer from Zamboanga. I love animes and cosplay too :)

    random blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sweetiecouture - thanks! fave wig ko din yan, sis.
    @fiel-kun - we have a lot of cosplayers dito sa zamboanga. :)

    ReplyDelete

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png