Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Sunday 17 June 2012

ABS-CBN Cosplay trip!

So one night my friend sent me a text message inviting cosplayers to this event in ABSCBN on June 12. I really did not have any idea what the event was all about but I still agreed to go. I did not have anything to do on that holiday and I can never say no to cosplaying. So yeah. :)

Turns out, it was ABS-CBN's Independence Day celebration. Whoopsie! Our coordinator for that day was very nice and helpful. She oriented us on what to do that day: we were asked to dance and pose for photo-taking sessions.

So what happened that day? Let's take a walk...


IMG_9223
This one on the left is Nouf, cosplaying Mikuru Asahina of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The other girl is Princess, dressed up as Sophia of Star Ocean. Princess was the one who invited us to this event. 


IMG_9224
This little piggy was soo adorable...

IMG_9225
...I asked a friend to take a photo of us with him! So yeah, that's me in the middle cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya, gothic lolita version from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

IMG_9231
Uh-oh, There are a lot of people present!! This made me kind of nervous that time because our dance number was up next. >_<

IMG_9232
The four of us danced the Hare Hare Yukai because all of us were familiar with the steps. I don't really dance or perform in public but since the staff of ABS-CBN asked us to do a number for the program and I was sure only a few people will be watching it, I joined my friends.

Thank goodness we made it through! Haha!


IMG_9233 IMG_9235 IMG_9236 IMG_9237 IMG_9238 IMG_9239
They were filming it! I thought they were doing it for documentation purposes but later that day, I found out that they aired our dance number on local TV! OERGOERDZ


IMG_9240
So yeah, we were laughing and dancing at the same time. But at least we were doing it properly... (well, almost!)

IMG_9284
It was a fun event. There were mini-games where some of us joined and won! 

We did not do anything a lot after that so we went inside the ABS-CBN office and waited for further instructions. While doing that, I asked my friend Nouf to pose for my camera. I wanted to try some new photography techniques that I have learned from my photography classes. I'll post the final set of that mini shoot soon so watch out for it!

IMG_9294

IMG_9296-vert

IMG_9300
Kawaii Mikuru-chan! Nouf did an excellent job in front of the camera. She listened to all of my instructions and portrayed the character well. Thumbs up!

Cosplaying is a form of self-expression. We have the freedom to express ourselves through dressing up as our favorite characters. Independence Day is about the word FREEDOM. So I guess cosplaying on that mini-event is a little bit appropriate in some ways.

I want to thank the ABS-CBN staff for letting us cosplay that day. :)

Hello Zamboanga! Cosplayers exist here!

Please do leave a nice comment, okay? :)

3 comments:

  1. sooo cute! :) love the customes!! gawddd.. I wanna do cosplay someday too. hahaha...I just don't know if it would look nice on me or what. I'm not into anime rin. hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I didnt know they had this event :D Anyway, do you know my sister Kaye? She cosplays too! :D Will you check out my attempt at cosplay-inspired shoot? :D http://www.kaigrafia.com/2012/06/look-cosplay.html

    Thanks! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Cool cosplay! Zamboanguenas are good in this type pf performance pala! Kudos to you! Let's follow each! :)

    ReplyDelete

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png