Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Saturday 7 September 2013

EVENT: TORCH SM NORTH EDSA - QUEZON CITY + Jin Joson and Miguel Mercado!

And here it is, presenting my first out-of-town cosplay event: the Tournament of Champions (TORCH) SM NORTH EDSA!

With my companion, Aly as Nagisa of Free!
And that's me, Miku in her Lots of Laugh song outfit (modified version)

Thanks to my very supportive parents, I was able to attend this event together with my brother and cousin. My mother accompanied me in traveling from our hometown to Metro Manila, particularly to Quezon City.

At the day of the event, I met up with my friend Alyssa who went as Nagisa of Free! I cosplayed Miku Hatsune from her Lots of Laugh music video. :)

As mentioned, the event was the Tournament of Champions (TORCH) Fourth Stage SM North EDSA Elimination Round. The winner of the contest will compete in the upcoming COSMANIA Event in October for the Grand Finals. The grand winner of TORCH Fourth Stage will be Philippines' representatives in Anime Festival Asia  AFA Singapore, one of the most popular cosplay event in the world.


At the same time, it was International Cosplay Day and Cyberzone Cosplay Competition! It was a three-in-one event! ^_^

We declined the invitation of the organizers to join the competition, but we did join the parade around SM North Edsa together with other cosplayers before the start of the event. It was tiring but at least I was able to of tour the mall and see the stores there. The organizers and photographers took lots of photos and videos of the parade. I hope they post that soon! I was not able to take photos of the parade because we were eating all the while! LOL.


Got a very short video of the parade.


There were lots of people during the event. Cosplayers, photographers and con-goers flocked the event area to attend the activities. Of course we also took photos of the cosplayers present there with my otaku org banner, the NECo. We wanted to promote our new group out of town.

Holding the NECo banner. Courtesy of member Yoru. :)
Alyssa checking out our well-made banner. ^_^
Anyway, we asked these cosplayers to hold up the banner while we take a photo:


We asked other cosplayers to pose while holding the banner!
2nd Prize winner of the SM Cyberzone Cosplay Competition
I love this pair. Made them do a heart sign after this shot. LOL
Aaaag, boys love. :)

We obliged to photo ops by other cosplayers present during the event. Some of the cosplayers thought that Alyssa was cosplaying Len, a Vocaloid! Sorry, Nagisa-san!
Miku on the sides! 
Nagisa AKA Len with the real Len. :D
We settled down after taking pictures to watch the cosplay competition.
This cosplayer had an amazing mecha costume. It has these awesome led lights and all.!
The hosts were promoting the upcoming Cosmania 2013 (which I won't be attending since I will be busy reviewing for my board exam.)

While we were watching the Tournament of Champions (which started after the Cyberzone Cosplay) I spotted a couple that I would never ever expect to see there.


IT'S JIN JOSON AND MIGUEL MERCADO!! 
Miguel and Jin, members of Tuxedo Team. My cosplay inspiration. The reason why I am cosplaying. THEY WERE JUST RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!

So we were like, HOW ARE WE GOING TO APPROACH THEM?! We got frozen to our seats, I got nervous and all because of this. Oh we are really big fans. :D

They sat there to watch the competing pair for the Tournament of Champions. After the performance on stage, the pair stood up and walked away. We tried to follow them but we lost them. D: Ack

After lurking for a few minutes backstage, JIN APPEARED from what it seemed like a dressing room. OMG Again our hearts went thumpity-thump as Aly and I pushed each other towards them.

So after moments of mustering our courage I asked Jin if I could we could get a photo with her! KYAAA!

THE ACTUAL BEHINDINFINITY DEVIANTART USER! IN THE FLESH!

SO YEAH! At last after stalking, lurking and pushing each other.. THIS IS IT! A photo with my cosplay idol! Behindinfinity herself! Oh goodness. I was not really expecting this to happen. I went to Metro Manila to get a chance to see her. And yaay!! It was pretty much worth it! Been watching her on dA and following all of her social net accounts (twitter, facebook, tumblr) for about three years! Actually, back then when I was explaining COSPLAY to my parents, her photos were my examples. Her journal posts inspired me to start cosplaying and blogging! So yeah, pretty much I am totally gay over Jin. Haha! Bear with me.

Alyssa, Jin and yours truly.
Photo taken by my EVER SUPPORTING mom!
Alyssa, Miguel and yours truly.
Photo taken by mom.
Hoho. I should get these photos printed and framed. First attempt cosplaying in Manila, I was able to see them. How lucky is that? :)

Anyway, after that uber gay moment, we thanked Jin (told her that we flew from Zambonga just to see her. lol) and waved goodbye. My only regret was I missed the chance of asking a coscard. Oh well. Maybe next time! ^_^

We also had our photos taken with the winners of the SM Cyberzone Cosplay competition:
Gundam Kid. I don't know what version. ORZ
He won first place!
Okay. Forgive me. I did not watch the whole competition, I didn't catch the name of his character. ORZ
He won second place.
What a day! Three events plus Jin and Miguel! Haha! I consider myself lucky that day. I was actually ready to go home! LOL But Fantasy Quest was next day so I can't pass that up! :3


I should make a scrapbook of my cosplay adventures. LOL


Thank you for reading and watch out for my next post: FANTASY QUEST 3 LIVE ON!

Adverts:

Follow this blog via bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Online Shop:

Ongoing Giveaway:
Giveaway with yours truly as one of the sponsors!

2 comments:

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png