Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ada Wong Makeup Trial

Hey guys! So I got this request to do Ada Wong because according to a friend, I kind of looked like one of those girls online who already cosplayed her. I did not find any similarities at first but still I pushed on with the makeup trial because my friends encouraged me to do it. That's what I love about my friends. They support my cosplaying hobby. ^_^

I love Ada from the Resident Evil movie. That fight scene with the axeman was nice. I can't believe a woman can still move like that while wearing a long dress. Bad-ass while looking all sexy!


Anyway...
This was my reference photo for the trial.
(These photos are from Google)



Look at that body!! 

So after studying her photos, I came up with this look. (These are self-captured photos. Nobody was home to take photos of me.)

I used a red top that I own, a black lace and a wristband for this trial. LOL

I noticed that the Li Bingbing, the actress of Ada Wong from Resident Evil: Retribution wore visible eyeliner. Her eyebrows are visible too, in contrast to my very thin... almost invisible eyebrows. :D

So I applied thick eyeliner above and a thin line of brown pencil eyeliner below. 
I also shaped my eyebrows using brown eyeliner. This was my mistake. I should have used black instead.

I noticed that she also wore orange lip color from the photo, so to achieve this, I wore nude lipstick plus red orange lip gloss. I think it's still too light, so maybe I'll apply more next time.

I got a lot of positive feedback from this trial! Some of my friends on facebook commented that I do look like Ada Wong and I should pursue this cosplay.






Thanks guys! Maybe I will! I am planning to play the game to understand Ada Wong more. I think I need to study her moves to achieve a great cosplay!

Thank you for reading!

BTW
Please follow this blog via Bloglovin. they are going to take down Google Reader so please stay connected using BLOGLOVIN! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png