Featured post

CEE PHOTOGRAPHY: Cells at Work!

Hey guys! I was invited to take photos of my friends who portrayed characters from a scientific anime called Cells at Work! It'...

Monday 18 June 2012

Couple Cosplay Shoot - Vocaloid

I was invited by a local photographer for a couple cosplay shoot last March 31, 2012 in Lantaka Hotel by the Sea. It was actually a fun shoot rather than a serious one because everybody kept on throwing funny jokes including the photographer himself.

My partner and I cosplayed the Vocaloid characters Gakupo Kamui and Luka Megurine respectively. Vocaloid is a singing synthesizer. It is neither a manga or an anime. 



I created the headphones that were used during the shoot. This is the actual photo of the headphones. The purple one was for Luka and the other pair was created for a friend.



I used plastic folders, styro, black cartolinas, and headbands for creating these headphones. 

Gakupo is the purple-haired male character and Luka is the pink-haired character. Yes I was the male character that day. Crossplaying is like a branch in cosplay where cosplayers dress up and portray a character of the opposite sex. I love crossplaying and I did crossplay a few times already. 
Anyway, for the photos...
Photographer: Glenn Marco San Agustin
Luka Megurine: JC Domingo
Gakupo Kamui: Cee Culanculan
Location: Lantaka Hotel by the Sea, Zamboanga City
For the whole album, click here.




Thank you Glenn for inviting us! I got the chance to cosplay my favorite Vocaloid that day with an awesome awesome Luka as a partner. My friends commented that I really looked like a man on these photos. Crossplaying is a success!

1 comment:

  1. Love the DIY Butterfly headbands!! OMG! Please do a DIY tutorial for that! :)))))

    ReplyDelete

 photo Online-Yellow-728x90.png